On Sunday April 6 2008, I celebrate my 33 birthday.
I made a list of the first 33 things that came to my mind dealing with things that I have been learning, some quotes that I like, and just random thoughts. One for every year of my life so far.
(I’ll also try to credit the people who said it or brought it to my attention first)
1. Never Lie. Never Cheat. Never Steal. Don’t Whine. Don’t Complain. Don’t make excuses. – John Wooden
2. The Journey is the Destination – Dan Eldon
3. We are blessed to be a blessing.
4. He works all things together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Rom. 8:28
5. If you have something negative to say, do it face to face. If you have something positive to say, write it down. (yeah, I’ve been burned by this one!)
6. You can be more successful in 3 months by helping others become successful than you will be in three years trying to get others to make you successful. – Keith Ferrazzi, Dale Carnegie
7. Don’t listen to what they say. Watch what they do. Dawson McAllister
8. Get up an hour earlier. – Scott Ginsberg
9. Most talent is hard work in disguise. – Eric Zorn
10. Books come to you only half way finished. My job as the reader is to make the book mine by taking notes, underlining, marking it up to make it useful to me and my needs. Always read with a pen and paper.
11. The road is better than the inn. – Miguel De Cervantes
12. People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can’t find them, make them. – George Bernard Shaw
13. If you’re not enough before the gold medal, you won’t be enough with it. – John Candy in Cool Runnings
14. Pay for Dental insurance. Keep it current. (one that I am learning the hard way right now)
15. Who do you surround yourself with? Surround your self with people who encourage and build up, and can teach you a thing or two.
16. Don’t say “Can’t”…instead say “How Can…?”
17. A leader is a learner.
18. What can I learn from you?
19. It’s not what happens to you; it’s what you do with what happens to you.
20. Be slow to anger and speak. Be quick to Listen. James 3:19
21. Writing is the basis for all wealth. – Scott Ginsberg, Jeffrey Gitomer
22. Always carry a “Ubiquitous Capturing Tool” (journal, notebook, paper, digital recorder), you never know when that thought will come. And it won’t be there when you try to remember it later. – David Allen
23. Every Saint has a past. Every Sinner has a future. – Dawson McAllister
24. It’s about relationships.
25. Do to others as you would have them do to you. Luke 6:31
26. Water is better for me than Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi. And suprisingly, I don’t crave Diet Pepsi as much now that I have been drinking water instead.
27. Most human beings have crazy families.
28. Be 100% your own person. Don’t be a cheap knock off of someone else.
29. Never try to be beter than someone else. But never stop trying to be the best you can be in all areas of your life. I can control what I do, but not what others do. – John Wooden.
30. Have focus like a lazerbeam, not like a shotgun. – Steve Sjogren
31. Create to Create. Separate yourself from the outcome and having to be perfect. – Julia Cameron
32. Don’t get caught in ‘Anaylsis Paralysis’. GET GOING.
33. Keep learning from other peoples wisdom, mistakes and stories. Read a ton. The minute you aren’t learning is the minute you are dead.
Other Posts you might enjoy:
How to Get to Wow!
Regaining Passion in Your Life
Learning Customer Service from a Fast Food Visit
Who is Stu Gray?